"The makeup is simply an extension of the personality and colors, clothing, makeup all express something."
- Gene Simmons
- Gene Simmons
Sometimes makeup and getting ready can be hard. So we love learning any little tips and tricks to make it easier or smarter! Inspired by the new life changing Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush, here are some "beauty hacks" (well mostly beauty, but hey fashion is part of the overall look) that we find useful.
1. Use a business card to stop mascara getting on your eyelids
2. The end of a bobby pin (the rounded bit) is a great dotting tool for doing polka dot nail art.
3. Wet your eyeshadow brush to apply your eyeshadow colour more intensely
4. Exfoliate your lips with a toothbrush before applying lipstick for a smoother finish
5. Lipsticks can double up as a great blush!
6. Also don't forget your bronzer can make a great eyeshadow
7. Keep an old mascara wand to use as a spoolie to brush your eyebrows with
8. If you're in a hurry a hair straightener can get out wrinkles (just be careful of the type of fabric!)
9. Applying a white shadow/eye shadow base under colours will make them brighter and make them pop.
10. If you have any eye shadow drop down from where it's meant to be, an easy (and tidier) way to get rid of it is to use a piece of tape.
Do you have any top beauty hacks you love? Let us know in the comments cause we (and I'm sure everyone) would love to know!
P.S Don't forget to enter of Clinique GIveaway where you could win New Chubby Stick Baby Tint (lips) + New Chubby Stick for Cheeks. Valued at $97
a Rafflecopter giveaway