"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself"
- George Bernard Shaw (This quote was in gold lettering on Amber's shop wall)
Last Thursday we headed to the Amber Whitecliffe boutique in Parnell to check out her latest collection 'Mrs Pinto'. The collection is full of pops of red and great patterned fabric from as far away as Mood in New York, or close to home like one designed and printed locally. We were lucky enough to also hear from Evelyn Ebrey about her career in fashion journalism.
There were some key things we learnt that evening which made us even more excited about the collection and Amber Pinto (née Whitecliffe) in general:
1. The collection was inspired by her new husband Elroy and his Portuguese-Indian heritage (cute).
2. All the pieces are cut by Amber herself in the Parnell store and until recently were all sewn by her too!
3. Amber used to be a blogger herself!
4. Amber's favourite part of the collection was the silk she had printed after designing it with friend Tessa Seven.
5. This year Amber got married, showed for the first time at NZFW, and opened her boutique. She also does all the behind the scenes work for her label like run the instagram, do the taxes, and all the PR. She's one hardworking. talented lady!
|The chilli wall ft. Britney Hazeldine aka Scout & Company|
|Details of a few pieces|
|Ellen's snazzy Boohoo x Glassons outfit for the event|
|Petal cupcakes and strawberries, yum!|
|#changingroomselfies from when we disappeared trying on some of the Mrs Pinto pieces|
|The silk Amber and Tessa designed|
|Accidental (but cool) snap of Tash from @tashbonniface|
|The 'Familia Dress' we fell in love with!! *heart eyed emoji*|
|The fabrics under the polka dot cutting table|
It was a great evening and many of the other gorgeous ladies there have done posts on the collection too if you'd like to find out more!
- Britney who I snapped in front of the chillies above had a Q+A with Amber here and also did an awesome video here
- Helena from 'Helena's Hideaway' shows some of her Mrs Pinto favs here
- Steph who we met earlier in the year at an NZYT gathering did a post here
- We also met Tash from 'My Wardrobe On A Blog' (pictured above in the awesome blue fur/leather combo) did a post here
- We also met Nicole from 'Nicrific' IRL and her post can be found here
- Sophie from 'Nana Wintour' did a FOTD post from the event here
The 'Mrs Pinto' collection is available in store and should be online soon.
We may have also made a cheeky AW purchase on the night, but more on that later ;)