One of the many reasons I love winter is because the temperature means layering is essential, and I do love to layer. I don't have a set summer and winter wardrobe, instead I wear typically summery things like this sleeveless polka dot shirt and skater skirt and layer it with a combination of other things to keep warm. It also means you can peel off some layers if you end up somewhere with good heating, which is essential if you overheat easily like I do.
1. Jumpers // I love jumpers (I literally have a draw full of grey jumpers alone) and they are an essential layering item in winter. It could be a light weight jumper to wear under a jacket, or it might be a chunky knit that is super cosy for braving the brisk winter days.
2. Coats // I think I just love outer-wear in general, because I love a good coat. I think coats are something that's worthwhile investing in as most of us will end up wearing this with the majority of our winter outfits. It's also good to size up and get a size you can wear over your jumpers.
3. Thermals // Wearing a thermal top or other kind of warm long sleeve top under some of your summer shirts is one way you can get wear out of them not matter how cold it is.
4. Tights // I really enjoy wearing tights in winter because they mean I can still wear all my pretty skirts and dresses instead of wearing pants or jeans all the time.
5. Beanies/Scarves/Gloves // All of these can add that little bit of extra warmth and are easy to put in you bag to layer if you want to be able easily adjust your level of warmth.
jacket - made by Tara // polka dot shirt, skirt - The Warehouse // grey jumper - Country Road // necklace - Matchbox studios // shoes c/o The Warehouse // nails - Butter London in 'Jaffa'